the lack of actual posts lately is a result of a dearth of inspiration, a mountain of school-related work that i've been casually ignoring and because i'm in receiving mode. go to class, take in information, process, eat, poop, sleep, mix and repeat.
anyway, that's all besides the point. what i really wanted to talk about was my new phase regarding music flavour. it's pretty obvious from my list of crushes (left) and recent music-related posts what the pattern is.
music flavour shifts with my mood, with relatability and with cultural climate. if i had kept record of what i had listened to over the years, it would not be difficult to interpolate what was going on in my head and around me at those times.
a couple of years ago, my earholes really liked Pilate, Dashboard Confessional, Radiohead, etc. the pattern then was that i liked music by bands with male lead vocals that were too high to sing along to. then it shifted to Sixpence None the Richer, Sarah Maclachlan, and generally mellow mainstream ladies. it bounced from there to folk-y acoustic artists like Iron & Wine, instrumental whizzes like Sufjan Stevens, soundtrack music from Firefly, and Amelie, etc.
after a few months of silence, i've found a new, refined flavour that is clearly an evolution and merging of my previous samplings: acoustic songs sung by women with enchanting voices and unabashedly dorky personalities.
19.1.08
my 'new' phase
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I found a very old CD I use to listen in high school and boy was I ANGRY and bitter! >.<
yo, remember 1997-8? it was all backstreet boys and spice girls.
no I listened to grunge... (remember the group garbage?) HELLOOOO hater emoness!
My friend just gave me a best of spice girl cd as I was in LA. The lyrics are sooo rated R!! (I hadn't noticed until now)
Post a Comment