During the month of May, I worked with Excel quite a bit entering marks. The spreadsheet was spread throughout 20+ worksheets (the tabs at the bottom). As a proponent of the keyboard and the speed it offers data entry tasks, it was a chore to navigate between worksheets, to say the least. How I longed for an Alt-Tab-like solution to cycle through the sheets.
Today, I had another data entry task with only two worksheets to flit between. I was already doing everything manually by mouse (copying and pasting some cells to match up to a row in another sheet). Recalling my past despair, I resolved to take a stand and find a keyboard shortcut, even if I had to install AutoHotKey and program one for this very reason.
First things first: when you encounter a problem, it is always best to do some research. Chances are, someone has come across the same issue and already found a solution. So I googled "excel switching worksheets" and found this. By golly, I giggled and clapped my hands for a minute, and then proceeded to put down my task just to write this.
To switch between worksheets in Excel: Ctrl + Pg Up/Pg Dn
11.9.08
Now You Know: Exceleration
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that's how we firefoxers navigate thems tabs, hyuk.
actually, to navigate tabs FORWARD in firefox, you ctrl + tab. if you want to navigate BACKWARDS, you ctrl + shift + tab.
(but that ctrl + pgup/pgdown works too)
then there are other cool ones to open/close windows and reopen a previously closed window, etc.
Post a Comment