It has been about 1 month since I received my first Mac, and here is a brief rundown of how awesome it is, and also the not-so-awesome bits, in no particular order, based on my own needs and expectations.
AWESOME:
- the looks: svelte!
- baaaaaaaaattery life: 8-ish hours!
- trackpad: for most things, better than a separate mouse
- Spaces and Expose: organizing without thinking
- speed: base model is still stupid fast
- so quiet!
- the screen: she is beautiful and highly viewable
- back-lit keyboard: no more tilting screen down to find keys in the dark
- sharp corners on lid opening indentation
- so easy to get dirty
- only 2 usb ports stuck very close together
- SD cards stick out from the reader, so I cannot boost storage space (or run OS X off of an 8 GB SD card)
I ordered Snow Leopard through the Up-To-Date program (pay for shipping only). It was due to arrive on September 3, having shipped on August 28. It has not arrived. I called Apple Support and waited on hold for 20 minutes or so before I could get it filed as lost/stolen. They're sending me another one free of charge with a different carrier.
1 comment:
at least you get a different carrier. i think they're still going to send it again to me using UPS! STUPIDDDDD
Post a Comment