2.6.09

I'd hit that

So the softball bat that I was looking into getting, the Mizuno 2008 Frenzy 98, has been gotten. Not by me, though, but by the team! And on a pretty decent sale to boot.

Technically, I was looking for its sibling, the 2008 Mizuno Rusty Bumgardner Frenzy 98, but that one is not available in Canada at this time.

Now I get swing it =D Sweet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always skeptical about just how big a difference getting a bat will make, and if it's really so much about the bat, then how much is it the player?! *trolls some more about softball*

hoimin said...

having used the hideously ineffective team bats we've had for the past 8 years, i can attest to the difference a good bat makes in one's swing.

our old bats are dead on the inside; all the structures within the shaft have collapsed or been worn down through the years to result in a bat that rebounds dully off balls.

the difference is most evident in the sound of impact with the ball. bad bats sound dull, like striking a metal pole with a rock. a good bat will resonate with a velvety pop. in the batter's hands, the old bat will shake and hurt on impact, using up a portion of the energy in vibration. a good bat rewards the hitter for a good swing with minimal vibration.

basically, good bats have more efficient energy transfer than bad/old bats do. noise and vibrations are all products of the impact; good bats will minimize both those points of energy loss, which means a greater distance travelled by the ball.

Melbee said...

OOoooo so if I actually played this year the ball will ACTUALLY hit the green?

LOL naaah....

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP