"I-- I don't think I can do this..."
"What's the matter, hon?" She grabbed a napkin to wipe her mouth.
"I just don't think I can do it tonight... it's not happening." His face was flushed with embarassment as he turned away.
"Hey -- look at me -- it's okay." She turned his head by his chin. "Let's just try again tomorrow."
"ARGH! It's so-- ARGH! frustrating when I can't..."
"Shh, shh... I know, dear. It's okay... it's okay." She reached up to stroke his furrowed brow, to run her fingers through his hair. He was perspiring.
"We waited a whole week to do this!"
"I know, I know. It's okay if you can't... This doesn't make you any less of a man."
"Actually, yes, I think it does!"
"You're just frustrated right now. Why don't we take a break and try again in a little bit? Or I can help--" She reached down.
"No. No." He caught her hand and gently pushed it away. "I'm sorry. It's just something I have to overcome mentally."
"Was it something you had for lunch? I don't know why this time is any different from all the other times..." She picked up the discarded wrapper and crumpled it.
"I guess I'm just not as young as I once was. I have to work a little harder now."
"Well, don't hurt yourself. Like I said, it's okay to try again tomorrow."
"I think it's because it got cold."
"I could warm it back up for you."
"I think it'll be alright. I'll just get some ketchup."
"Yeah, that should help."
"This is so embarassing. I mean, how often is a guy unable to finish all of his onion rings?"
28.3.09
The Most Frustrating Thing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment